Create A Map
Note: Map Maker allows you to create custom maps using any standard or custom Salesforce object. Find your data using a simple point and click wizards.
1. To create a Map, click on the Map Maker tab. Select the Salesforce object you wish to map from the Create a new map: drop-down list.
Note: In order to map a custom object you must first enable it using the Geocoder. Also see: Enabling Custom Objects.
2. Click Continue to proceed. You have the option of refining your query results using Standard Salesforce filtering logic. Select the fields you wish to filter, enter the query condition and the values of the records you wish to appear on your map.
3. Once you have added all of your filters, click Continue. If the object contains more than one address type you will be prompted to verify which address type to use for the map (for example: Billing Address or Shipping Address.)
4. Enter a descriptive and unique name for your map then click Finish and Save. All saved maps are accessible from the Saved Maps: tab.
Tip: When adding Map Filters keep in mind the following:
- You will only see the fields that you have access to when filtering.
- You may select multiple values for your filtering criteria. Each value needs to be delimited by a comma (for example: Industry equals banking, other)
- Depending on the field type selected, the conditions will vary. For example, text based fields will have equal to or not equal to conditions while integer or date based fields can be less than, greater than, greater or equal, etc.
Note: Users have the ability to create a map within Maps using the Import Report feature. This allows for a Maps user to select a report they’ve created with at least one filter and graphically display the report as a map within our mapping solution tool. In order to do so, please follow these steps:
1. Click on the Map Maker tab.
2. Select the type of map you wish to create from the drop down menu and click on Continue.
3. Next, click on the Import Report button.
4. Once the pop-up appears, select the report you wish to use from the drop down menu and click on Import Filters.
5. Once all filters are displayed, click on Continue.
6. Confirm which Address Type you want to use and click on Continue.
7. You’ll note, the map name will automatically be reflected as the report name. You can edit the map name if you want by clicking in the text box.
8. When ready, click on Finish and Save to complete your map.