Edit A Map
Note: As your mapping needs or data changes you may find it necessary to update your existing maps accordingly. You can quickly and easily make changes to the filtering criteria for an existing map following the steps outlined below.
1. To edit an existing map, click the Saved Maps tab. Select the map from the Here are your saved maps: drop down list. Click Load Map.
Note: In order to edit map, you must be the person who created the map. You cannot edit maps that have been shared with you.
2. Once your map has fully loaded, click the Edit/Delete This Map icon from the map toolbar and click Edit Map Filters from the pop out menu.
3. Your Map Maker filter options will appear. You have the option of refining your query results using standard Salesforce filtering logic. You may wish to add a new field to filter by or modify the selection criteria for existing filters. Once you’ve completed modifying filtering criteria, click Continue.
4. If the map object contains more than one address type you will be prompted to verify which address type to use for the map. (For example: Billing Address or Shipping Address)
5. If you wish to keep the map name the same, click Finish and Save. To save the map to a different name, change the map name, and then click Finish and Save.
Clone a Map
Note: Maps lets you clone an existing map, saving you time and effort customizing a new map when all that is required is a few simple modifications to an existing map.
1. To clone a Map, click the Saved Maps tab. Select the map from the Here are your saved maps: drop down list.
2. Once your map has fully loaded, click the Gear icon from the map toolbar and click Clone This Map from the pop out menu.
3. A popup will appear asking if you’re sure you’d like to clone this map. Click Yes, Clone to continue.
4. You will receive a confirmation that the map has been cloned. The map will appear in the Saved Maps drop down list as Cloned Map Name Cloned.
Delete A Map
1. To delete a Map, click on Saved Maps, to open the map you wish to delete.
2. Select the Map you wish to delete from the drop down list and click Load Map.
Note: A map can only be deleted by the user that created the map.
3. Once your map has fully loaded, click the Edit/Delete This Map icon on the map toolbar.
4. From the pop out menu, click Delete This Map.
5. Select Yes, Remove to delete the map.
6. After Selecting Yes, Remove, you will receive a confirmation that the map has been deleted.