Map Display, Styles & Visualizations
Note: This feature incorporated into Maps gives users the ability to choose how the Map appears. One click changes the Map Display to Road, Aerial, Satellite or even street level view.
Change Map Display to Road, Aerial or Satellite view
3. Your map view is refreshed with the map display you’ve chosen.
Show Street Level view
1. Drag the person icon located at the lower right corner of your map to the location on the map you wish to view.
2. The street level view for the location is displayed.
Exit Street Level view
1. Click the arrow in the upper left hand corner of the street level view window.
2. Your map view is displayed.
Note: If the street(s) where you’re looking to drag-n-drop the Maps Street View are grey, this means that Google Maps does not have street view imagery for that location.
Note: Another feature incorporated into Maps is the ability to choose different Map Styles. This feature allows users to customize how their created maps look.
1. To customize your map with different styles, click on the Edit/Delete this Map button and choose Modify Map Style.
2. Once the Modify Map Style pop up appears, click on the drop down list in order to choose any style you wish.
3. Click on the CLOSE button in order to implement that style to your map.
Note: Maps allows users to view live, up to date, Traffic Patterns, Weather forecasts, and Heatmap visualizations on their maps.
1. To add these visualizations to your map, click on the Map Display Settings icon.
2. Next, choose which Visualization you want to add to your map by checking the box next to the option.
3. In order to remove these visualizations, follow the previous steps and uncheck the box.