Plotter & Distance Overlay
Note: Users can manually input a pinpoint on their map using this feature. Plotter pinpoints can be useful in planning out your trip using the Trip Planner, searching a radius around your current location, and etc. A plotter can be used to find a specific address, zip code, city, and so forth. In order to do, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Plotter tab in the Map Maker box.
2. Type in an address to display on the map and click the ADD button.
3. Your map will automatically zoom into where the Plotter pinpoint is dropped.
Note: If a user only adds a zip code or City/State field as the Plotter option, the pinpoint will be dropped in the center of that zip code or city’s geographic boundary on the map.
Note: Proximity Overlay allows you to map out locations that are within a certain distance of any location on a map.
Create a Proximity Search
1. Click any pin on your map to establish an anchor point. The selected pin will ‘jump’.
2. From the pin Info Window, click the Radius button.
3. A circle appears on the map with a red pin in the center of the circle. The default radius is 1.00km/0.62 mile.
Increase or Decrease the Proximity Radius
1. Click the red arrows on the radius circle and drag to resize.
2. A pop-up message will appear with the new radius details.
Change Location of the Distance Overlay