Geocoding Your Records
Note: Prior to creating your Maps, you will need to ensure that all of the records in your Salesforce database have been geocoded. The geocode process will convert the address of your record into map-able coordinates, that is Latitude and Longitude. This is normally reserved to be a one-time process or whenever your addresses change. With the latest version, there are two ways to do this:
1. Click the tab Geocodes. Consult your system administrator if you do not see this tab.
2. If your page opens in Advanced Mode, click the Switch to Standard Mode button.
1. Click the tab Geocodes. Consult your system administrator if you do not see this tab. If you are viewing the Easy Geocoder, click on Show Advanced Mode on the bottom right corner of your screen.
2. Next, to begin geocoding, select the option(s) Geocode Account, Geocode Contact, and etc. for each object displayed in the Options column for My Salesforce Objects you wish to geocode.
3. You will receive a popup dialog box with the Job ID # assigned to the bulk geocoding job. Click Ok to continue.
4. Under My Active Geocoding Jobs, you will be able to keep track of your geocoding by clicking on the Refresh Status button. For best practice, continue clicking on Refresh Status to view which objects have successfully been geocoded.
5. Once the geocoding for your chosen object(s) are done, click on Download to Salesforce under My Active Geocoding Jobs.
6. The Geocode Sync screen displays information regarding the last Geocoding Job. Select Update Salesforce with my Geocodes to synchronize your Salesforce records with the results from your geocode operation.
7. The status of the Geocoding job will be Uploading while the synchronization is taking place. Once the synchronization has completed, the job status will be Uploaded and the records will be available for Mapping.