Scan a business card from your phone or tablet
Launch the mobile application and select the business card scanning module on the home screen. You will then be asked to allow access to your camera. Click Allow, then follow these steps:
1. Place a business card in the middle of the screen and take the picture in landscape mode when you are ready.
2. To retake the picture, select Retake. To continue, select Use Photo.
3. On the next screen, you will have the option to add three enhancements (attach your voice, secondary picture and notes) to your card.
4. Once you have added your enhancements, select Finish and Send to Salesforce to push the card to Salesforce.
Attach your voice
Record a voice memo to go with your card by choosing the attach your voice option from the business card enhancements. Once selected, you will have the opportunity to record a voice memo up to 30 seconds long (we recommend a quick 10 second memo). After recording the memo, you have the option to include a status and subject. Select Continue to return to the enhancements screen and include your memo with the card. Once you upload your card, the voice memo will appear below the business card image on the scanning queue and will be attached to your card as a task.
Please Note: Unlike small files, like business card images, that upload to Salesforce almost instantly, large voice memo files may take up to 30-60 seconds to appear in the scanning queue.
Capture information on the back of a business card or take a photo of a machine, location, person, etc. to attach to your card. Select the secondary picture option from the business card enhancements to take an additional image with your card. Select Use Photo to include the image with your card. The image will appear below the primary business card image in your scanning queue. To enlarge the secondary picture in the scanning queue, simply click inside of it. You also have the option to retake your secondary picture before uploading to Salesforce by selecting the secondary picture option once more and pressing Retake. The secondary photo option is only available when premium OCR services are enabled.
Notes for Description
1. Select the Notes option from the enhancements directly after taking a picture of the business card.
Mentions for Chatter posts
2. Select Search to search the name of the coworker you are wanting to notify. Select the name when you see it.
Your business card data will now be in Salesforce with your enhancements attached!