Map Tabs, Combining Maps & Sharing a Map
Note: Maps has a powerful feature that allows users to have multiple maps open at one time. Each map loads into it’s own tab, allowing you to switch between maps by simply clicking the tab for a map. This makes it easy to compare your Accounts, Leads, Opportunities and more side-by-side in a tabbed view.
1. Click the Saved Maps tab. Select the map from the Here are your saved maps: drop down list. Click Load Map to load the map.
2. Your Map view will include all loaded maps, each with a named tab.
3. To close a map, click the ‘x’ on the top, right corner of the Tab.
Tip: Repeat Step 1 for all the maps you wish to open. You can open maps that you have created as well as any maps that have been shared with you.
Note: The Combined Map View condenses every map that is open into one map. The Combined Map View inherits settings from the other maps so that your customized settings are retained in the combined view. This is particularly useful for viewing multiple objects on one map, such as Accounts and Leads.
1. Click the Saved Maps tab. Select the map(s) from the Here are your saved maps: drop down list. Click Load Map to load the map.
2. When more than one map is loaded, the Combined Map View appears automatically.
Tip: The Map Settings for the Combined Map View cannot be edited and/or removed. The Combined Map View tab will only appear when you have opened more than one map.
Sharing a Map
Note: Map Sharing is a powerful feature allowing collaboration both among team members and across different departments that rely on the same information. It provides a consistent methodology for geographically organizing Salesforce data and prevents duplication of effort.
1. To share a Map, click the Shared Users tab.
2. Next, click on the Click here to manage sharing link below your Salesforce photo.
3. A popup will appear on your screen that will allow you to select users you would like to share your map with by typing out their names.
4. After clicking Save, a popup will inform you of your successful share. Your Shared Users tab will display all users sharing your map. Shared users, by default, have Read-Only access to your map(s).
1. To share a Map click the Shared Users tab.
2. Next, click on the Click here link below your Salesforce photo.
4. You will then be navigated to the Sharing Detail page of your map. Click on the Add button.
6. Once your desired options have been added to the ‘Share With’ list, you can then edit the Access Level granted to them by selecting Read Only or Read/Write above the Save button.
7. When done, click on Save.