Note: Maps already includes pre-heated layers for US Regions, States, Counties and Zip Codes.
1. Click the Monitor icon (Map Display Settings) in the map tool bar. Choose which boundary you wish to divide your map.
2. Click on a specific region, state, county or zip code to view its details.
Custom Map Layers
Note: Maps allows you to create your own Custom Map Layers to divide your map.
1. Upload a KML file to Google Fusion and create a Fusion Table with the zip codes and geographic coordinates for your layer.
2. Change the Fusion Table from private to public and copy the Table ID.
3. Return to Maps. Click the Monitor icon in the map tool bar. Choose Custom Layer under the Visualization menu.
4. Select Create New Layer. On the next page, select New Map Layers.
5. Give the new map layer a name. Select the Layer Type (Google Fusion Table) and paste the Layer URL (Table ID).
6. Click Save. When you choose the layer, it will automatically divide your map based on the data in the KML file.
Tip: Using Google Fusion Tables to create custom map layers is the top method for dividing your map. Make sure you include zip coeds AND geographic coordinates in the KML file to ensure accuracy in your map boundaries.